Park Manor of Tomball is one of five available facilities located in Tomball, Texas. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. While this grade isn't too far off the city grade in Tomball which is a C, you still ought to be able to find a better option. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Park Manor of Tomball
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this facility overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the road score in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of C. In determining our long-term care grades, we analyze the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Manor of Tomball?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care grade. This is well below average in this category. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more important for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
The final category we assessed is nursing. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. The nursing rating analyzes many data points, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This statistic is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Manor of Tomball Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Manor of Tomball, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Manor of Tomball, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Manor of Tomball, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Manor of Tomball, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Manor of Tomball, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Manor of Tomball, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Manor of Tomball, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Manor of Tomball, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Manor of Tomball, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Park Manor of Tomball, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Manor of Tomball, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Manor of Tomball, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Manor of Tomball, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Tomball, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tomball, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.56 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc0.77 miles away13730 Alice Rd Ste D Tomball Texas 77377Dialysis Stations: 17 (832) 639-0170
- Tomball Dialysis Center1.14 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802
- Vintage Dialysis6.73 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC8.83 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Cypress Fairfield Dialysis8.86 miles away15103 Mason Rd Ste d5 Cypress Texas 77433Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 758-1380
- Dialyspa Vintage Park9.16 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Willowbrook Dialysis9.17 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.46 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103