Park Manor of Conroe is a large facility in Conroe, Texas. Sporting an overall rating of C, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Conroe, which is a B-. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Park Manor of Conroe
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this category with an A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Manor of Conroe?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of D. Our nursing rating focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is short-term care, which proved to be this facility's worst category. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is certainly a major disappointment. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its weak score in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this facility provides significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.5 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Manor of Conroe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Manor of Conroe, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Manor of Conroe, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Manor of Conroe, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Manor of Conroe, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Manor of Conroe, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Manor of Conroe, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Manor of Conroe, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Manor of Conroe, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Manor of Conroe, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Park Manor of Conroe, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Manor of Conroe, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Manor of Conroe, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Manor of Conroe, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Conroe, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Conroe, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 16.31 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 17.69 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- River Park Dialysis0.92 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333
- Conroe Dialysis2.04 miles away233 Interstate 45 North Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 760-2240
- College Park Dialysis5.18 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- North Conroe Dialysis6.51 miles away3211 Interstate 45 N Suite 500 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 756-9400
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center7.37 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.8.86 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.39 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Cypress Creek Dialysis10.05 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262