Park East Care and Rehab Center is a nursing home located in Beachwood, Ohio, which has 34,057 people. This nursing home is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. This turned out to be one of the three best facilities in Beachwood. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Park East Care and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
3800 Park East,
Beachwood OH 44122
Note: Data for Park East Care and Rehab Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for that area, which is one of our best scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing scores are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Park East Care and Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care scores this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of B+. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 91.75258 percent of its residents. This is a few points below what we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of short-term care. This was the facility's worst category grade. Nevertheless, you shouldn't focus exclusively a single poor grade. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park East Care and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park East Care and Rehab Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Beachwood, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Beachwood, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 6.72 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.0.36 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.1 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall2.32 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe2.41 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.74 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Community Dialysis Center2.94 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Solon4.54 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis5.35 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867