Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community is a facility in Lebanon, Ohio. The city has a total of 37,504 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. Indeed, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rank it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Lebanon. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lebanon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our higher scores in that area, with a score of B+. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is long-term care. This facility was given an above average long-term care grade, with a grade of B in the category. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.13044 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final area we looked at is nursing. This nursing home received a very good nursing grade this year, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not quite as good as several of its other grades, this is still a respectable grade for this area. Nursing scores are mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this subcategory. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 4.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 6.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 0.67% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 17.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 4.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 99.15% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 9.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 7.91% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 7.91% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 14.14% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Otterbein Lebanon Retirement Community, 84.36% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Lebanon, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lebanon, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 12.41 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis4.63 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Lebanon Dialysis4.78 miles away918 B Columbus Avenue Lebanon Ohio 45036Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 934-0272
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis5.27 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Atrium5.42 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Fmc - Kings Mills6.46 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis6.78 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester7.65 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County7.82 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589