Orchard Park Health Care Center is a large nursing home in Littleton, Colorado. This turns out to be an A rated facility. It was given one of the highest grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. We were impressed enough to rate this facility as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Colorado. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Orchard Park Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. We were not able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to evaluate it in terms of this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Orchard Park Health Care Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. The nursing rating consists of many subcategories, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this facility was awarded a very strong long-term care rating. We awarded it an A- in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.4212 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Orchard Park Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Orchard Park Health Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.87 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)4.35 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)4.49 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)4.87 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)5.01 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.25 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)6.68 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)7.51 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911