PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian is a small facility located in Dallas, Texas. After receiving an overall rating of A, this facility is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. We were not surprised to discover that this turned out to be one of the three best facilities in Dallas. Finally, this proved to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Dallas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also earned an excellent short-term care score, with an A. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this facility received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in that category. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspections. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of A for that category. This topped off this place's straight A report card. Inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In PureHealth Transitional Care at Texas Health Presbyterian, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Walnut Hill Dialysis Center0.37 miles away9840 North Central Expressway Suite 340 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (469) 232-5333
- Davita Central Dallas Dialysis0.46 miles away9500 North Central Expressway Suite #102 Dallas Texas 75231Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 739-3004
- Us Renal Care North Dallas Dialysis0.82 miles away10740 N Central Expressway Suite 150 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 518-6772
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC1.4 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991
- Dallas North Dialysis Center1.58 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC3.53 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Davita Preston Dialysis3.89 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC5.09 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649