Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha is a large facility located in Omaha, Nebraska. Our scoring system was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this facility. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't grade out too badly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a C for that area, which happens to be another one of its more respectable scores. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home offered just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is a very poor grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 79.583336 percent of its residents. This is several points below what we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 4.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 93.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Many believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerald Nursing & Rehab - Omaha, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 3.14 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Dci - Spring Street1.25 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Rai Care Center1.42 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Omaha South Dialysis2.11 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis2.33 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Omaha Central Dialysis2.58 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha2.89 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center3.24 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave5.03 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754