Trinity Woods is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Tulsa, Oklahoma. After receiving an A overall grade, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 25 best nursing homes in Oklahoma. Even in a city offering 21 nursing homes, this nursing home stands out as a superb option. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do any better than a straight A profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this proved to be a great facility is that it received a very impressive long-term care rating. This turned out to be its best category. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.4467 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Woods?
Another quality feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The final category we looked at was nursing, where this facility was awarded a grade of A-. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. Not many nursing homes received an A- or better in each of our categories. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Woods, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Woods, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that have sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Woods, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Woods, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Woods, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Woods, 3.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Woods, 92.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Woods, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Woods, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Trinity Woods, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Woods, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Woods, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Woods, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 20 other nursing homes
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 2.84 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 3.47 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis1.43 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock2.23 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Central Tulsa3.05 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis3.17 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - North Harvard4.11 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit4.38 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis4.79 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Fmcna - East Tulsa4.9 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427