Ohio Living Swan Creek is one of 16 facilities in Toledo, Ohio. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 25 facilities in Ohio. Based on our assessment, this place ought to be a no brainer for just about anybody. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Ohio Living Swan Creek
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. We analyzed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in computing our score in this category. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ohio Living Swan Creek?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong assessment, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care grade, with a score of A. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.2381 percent of its patients, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this facility was awarded an impressive grade grade of A in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home topped off a straight A profile. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ohio Living Swan Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 90.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ohio Living Swan Creek, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.8 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.34 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis0.56 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center1.8 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.95 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Southland Dialysis2.37 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center2.8 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.33 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.33 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.75 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415