Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility is a nursing home located in New Orleans, Louisiana which has a total of 382,333 people. This facility was given world class overall grade of A+. This is far superior to the vast majority of the nursing homes in New Orleans Despite New Orleans offering 15 nursing homes to select from, this nursing home stood out as a fine option. One of the best aspects of this facility's exemplary profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 7.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, this nursing home also was given an excellent long-term care rating, with an A. This completed an elite profile. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. It does not look like this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ochsner Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility, 63.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for New Orleans, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? New Orleans, Louisiana has 14 other nursing homes
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.48 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- Fmcna - Ochsner New Orleans0.52 miles away630 Deckbar Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (504) 837-0021
- Davita - Metairie0.92 miles away7100 Airline Dr Metairie Louisiana 70003Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 731-1969
- Davita - Earhart2.52 miles away7730 Earhart Blvd New Orleans Louisiana 70125Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 861-1256
- Fmcna - Metairie3.03 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Crescent Home Therapy3.03 miles away3030 N Arnoult, Ste B Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 1 (504) 454-6989
- Davita - Garden District Dx3.44 miles away2620 Jena New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 269-6004
- Davita - Memorial Dialysis3.47 miles away4427 S Robertson St - 2nd Floor New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (504) 899-1103
- Childrens Hospital-Dialysis3.47 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 896-2061