Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in El Paso, Texas which has a total of 746,640 people. It looks like this facility is a lower end facility. A grade of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. Based on our ratings, this place may not be a great fit for most people. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it is able to raise its standard of care going forward.
Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
9001 N Loop,
El Paso TX 79907
63.3% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable area was its long-term care score, where it was given a grade of B-. In computing these long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. With its weak rating in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this place offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oasis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- The Hospitals of Providence East CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away3280 Joe Battle Blvd El Paso Texas 79938Proprietary(915) 856-7349
- The Hospitals of Providence Horizon City CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away13600 Horizon Street, Suite 100 El Paso Texas 79928Proprietary(915) 407-7878
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 8.35 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 8.47 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Americas Dialysis1.57 miles away715 N. Americas Ave. El Paso Texas 79907CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 2 (915) 872-8185
- Ridgecrest Dialysis1.78 miles away12249 Rojas Drive El Paso Texas 79936CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 790-0839
- Fresenius Medical Care Horizon Dialysis1.83 miles away12245 Rojas Drive El Paso Texas 79936Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 872-0270
- Davita East Dialysis2.79 miles away11989 Pellicano Drive El Paso Texas 79936CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 856-6363
- Davita - Loma Vista Dialysis3.18 miles away1382a Lomaland Dr El Paso Texas 79935CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 53 (915) 591-0834
- Us Renal Care East El Paso Dialysis3.5 miles away10737 Gateway W Ste 100 El Paso Texas 79935CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (915) 590-8334
- Fmc Dialysis Services Vista Del Sol4.04 miles away10420 Vista Del Sol, Suite #201 El Paso Texas 79925Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 592-8496
- Cielo Vista Dialysis4.08 miles away7200 Gateway E Ste B El Paso Texas 79915CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 771-6893