Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Kissimmee, Florida. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This place truly has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.01492 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing ratings are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is short-term care. For this category, we awarded this facility a B-. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oaks of Kissimmee Health and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 9.63 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 16.75 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 18.71 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Kissimmee Dialysis0.86 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Kissimmee Home Training1.01 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis2.44 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC4.4 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Hunters Creek Dialysis4.44 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola4.7 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- Celebration Dialysis7.9 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Poinciana Dialysis10.81 miles away1002 Cypress Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (321) 697-5658