Oak Park Place of Janesville is located in Janesville, Wisconsin. This city has a total of 72,323 people. With an overall score of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality facility. Remarkably, the nursing homes in Janesville received high grades across the board, making this one of the best places in Wisconsin to find a nursing home. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing rating, which we will address in the next section.
Oak Park Place of Janesville
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also was given a strong short-term care score, with a grade of A. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Park Place of Janesville?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated ended up being this facility's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for long-term care. In the area of long-term care, we assess the amount of services provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Park Place of Janesville Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Park Place of Janesville, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Park Place of Janesville, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Janesville, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Janesville, Wisconsin has 4 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - JanesvilleAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away3400 East Racine Street Janesville Wisconsin 53546Voluntary non-profit - Other(608) 373-8000
- Mercy Health System CorpAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away1000 Mineral Point Ave Janesville Wisconsin 53548Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 756-6080
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Edgerton Hospital and Health ServicesCritical Access Hospitals 11.61 miles away11101 N Sherman Road Edgerton Wisconsin 53534Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 884-3441
- Fort Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away611 Sherman Ave E Fort Atkinson Wisconsin 53538Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 568-5000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Wisconsin, Inc.2.23 miles away1407 Creston Park Dr Janesville Wisconsin 53545Dialysis Stations: 13 (608) 752-6362
- Davita - Janesville2.28 miles away1305 Woodman Rd Janesville Wisconsin 53545Dialysis Stations: 12 (608) 741-4181
- Mercy Regional Dialysis Center2.35 miles away903 Mineral Point Avenue Janesville Wisconsin 53548CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (608) 741-3814
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis8.57 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580