Oak Hill Care Center is in Jones, Oklahoma. This city has a population of 5,910 people. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Based on our assessment, this place is not a good fit for anyone. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Oak Hill Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We really weren't high on this nursing home's overall scores or its category grades. We gave it a just D in nursing and that proved to be its highest grade. There are a variety of subcategories within this grade. Many of these criteria are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a bit below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's second most respectable category is long-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this category, it still performed relatively poorly. Facilities that do not fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated just 77.0318 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Hill Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not a very good score. In forming our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this facility offers significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Moving on the final category of inspections, this facility really did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in our inspection rating. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection rating. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had the potential to create actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also want to point out that this place received significant government fines in recent years in excess of $50,000. This usually signifies that inspectors became frustrated after several years of bad inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Hill Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oak Hill Care Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oak Hill Care Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oak Hill Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oak Hill Care Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oak Hill Care Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oak Hill Care Center, 3.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oak Hill Care Center, 92.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oak Hill Care Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oak Hill Care Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Oak Hill Care Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oak Hill Care Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Hill Care Center, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis7.61 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Davita - Midwest City9.08 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park9.71 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Fmcna - Edmond East9.79 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Davita - Edmond11.47 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City12.3 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis12.78 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis13.72 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302