Nottingham Regional Rehab Center is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The city provides a host of options. We gave this facility an overall score of F. This facility didn't have any redeeming qualities. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Nottingham Regional Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Wound Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually received a very impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable scores in that area with a B+. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively positive inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to learn that this nursing home received a reasonably solid long-term care score this year. We gave it a grade of C in this category. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 57.27003 percent of its residents. This is multiple points below average. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Nottingham Regional Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Our third area we looked at was short-term care, where this nursing home was given an F. Our short-term care scores are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home did not fare very well in this area either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this is just about as terrible as it gets. There are quite a few factors within this area. Most of these data points reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nottingham Regional Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that have sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 1.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 89.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nottingham Regional Rehab Center, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 21 other nursing homes
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- St James Behavioral Health Hospital, IncPsychiatric 16.3 miles away3136 South St Landry Road Gonzales Louisiana 70737Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 647-7524
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge2.95 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Mancuso3.3 miles away4848 Mancuso Ln, Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 766-6773
- Fkc - O'neal Lane3.31 miles away1280 O'neal Lane Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 272-2212
- Davita - East Baton Rouge3.33 miles away1333 Oneal Ln Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Dialysis Stations: 16 (225) 226-1444
- Fmcna - Greater Baton Rouge Home Program3.57 miles away5399 Mancuso Lane Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 15 (225) 819-2036
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center3.69 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761
- Davita - Essen Lane Dialysis3.72 miles away7703 Picardy Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 769-8669
- Fmcna - Picardy Kidney Ctr3.77 miles away7638 Picardy Ave Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 766-5600