Notting Hill of West Bloomfield is a nursing home located in West Bloomfield, Michigan, which has a total of 66,323 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally indicates a few red flags. As far as we can see, we would struggle to recommend this nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Notting Hill of West Bloomfield
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of B for our inspections category. This grade is much more impressive than the place's overall score. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home received impressive short-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our more impressive scores in this area, with a B. This proved to be the nursing home's second best score. In our short-term care score, we try to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Notting Hill of West Bloomfield?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. We looked at the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this area. This nursing home offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care, which proved to be a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a D for our long-term care category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.95105 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Notting Hill of West Bloomfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 91.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Notting Hill of West Bloomfield, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for West Bloomfield, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? West Bloomfield, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis3.06 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis3.66 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.82 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC5.41 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis6.91 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Fmc - Botsford Park7.04 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis7.13 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita7.31 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947