Northern Westchester Hospital T C U is a senior living facility in Mount Kisco, New York. This city has a total of 16,638 people. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is one of the top nursing homes we found. In fact, we ranked this nursing home number 67 in the United States. This puts it in the top one percentile of all facilities. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Northern Westchester Hospital T C U
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Cardiac Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+ category scores. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is frequently a fair measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Northern Westchester Hospital T C U?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. There are a host of subcategories within this category. Most of the factors relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A in this area. This topped off a straight A report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Northern Westchester Hospital T C U Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Northern Westchester Hospital T C U, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Northern Westchester Hospital T C U, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Norwalk HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away24 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 852-2000
- Yorktown Akc8.23 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst8.88 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center10.93 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center11.14 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center11.2 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center11.6 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center11.64 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC12.62 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777