Northern Westchester Hospital T C U is a very-small hospital-based nursing home located in Mount Kisco, New York. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly a phenomenal nursing home. In fact, this nursing home made our top 100 list of the best facilities in the United States, which is just a phenomenal achievement. This also appears to be a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Northern Westchester Hospital T C U
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
400 East Main Street,
Mount Kisco NY 10549
58.33% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Remarkably, this facility provides approximately 1.5 times as many hours of services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we assessed. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in New York in this area with 71.1 percent of its residents returning home. At most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Northern Westchester Hospital T C U?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing grades are tied to nurse staffing levels. This place boasts a really impressive 8.8 hours of nursing care per patient per day, of which a significant portion was provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the state in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home completed a straight A profile. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Northern Westchester Hospital T C U Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Northern Westchester Hospital T C U, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Northern Westchester Hospital T C U, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Norwalk HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away24 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 852-2000
- Yorktown Akc8.23 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst8.88 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center10.93 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center11.14 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center11.2 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center11.6 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center11.64 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC12.62 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777