Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility is a small non-profit facility in Dedham, Massachusetts. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the top grades that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this facility. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Dedham senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be awarded several A+ category scores. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a strong long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B+. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed admirably in our nursing category. We gave it a B+ in that category. This topped off a very strong report card. The nursing grade includes several subcategories, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility, 8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility, 78.12% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 4.38 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)3.72 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Wellesley Dialysis4.22 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner5.09 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston5.84 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Davita Brookline Dialysis6.07 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.59 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)6.73 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- Kidney Center7.26 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000