Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility is one of just a couple facilities located in Dedham, Massachusetts. This proved to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system takes excellent performance across the board. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Dedham, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also performed remarkably in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a meaningful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was long-term care. Contributing to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A- for the category. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. Very few nursing homes received an A- or better in every single category. Our nursing rating weighs quite a few subcategories, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Newbridge on the Charles Skilled Nursing Facility, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 4.38 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)3.72 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Wellesley Dialysis4.22 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner5.09 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston5.84 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Davita Brookline Dialysis6.07 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.59 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)6.73 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- Kidney Center7.26 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000