New Iberia Manor North is an average-sized facility in New Iberia, Louisiana. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a subpar grade. New Iberia received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
New Iberia Manor North
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our short-term care grade and that actually turned out to be its next most respectable score. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. With a grade this poor for this category, we weren't shocked to learn that this nursing home was below average in two of the key staffing figures we looked at. In fact, it supplied far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we considered the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about New Iberia Manor North?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's next highest score was long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed somewhat badly. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.00855 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The last area we scored is nursing. We gave it an F for this category, which is a rock bottom score. Our nursing grade weighs a host of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
New Iberia Manor North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In New Iberia Manor North, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In New Iberia Manor North, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that have suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In New Iberia Manor North, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients that have sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In New Iberia Manor North, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In New Iberia Manor North, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In New Iberia Manor North, 1.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In New Iberia Manor North, 89.54% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In New Iberia Manor North, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In New Iberia Manor North, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In New Iberia Manor North, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In New Iberia Manor North, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In New Iberia Manor North, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In New Iberia Manor North, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for New Iberia, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? New Iberia, Louisiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Iberia Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away2315 E Main Street New Iberia Louisiana 70562Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 364-0441
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.52 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.58 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.68 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Fmcna - New Iberia2.41 miles away609 Rue De Brille New Iberia Louisiana 70563CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (337) 364-1185
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-New Iberia2.9 miles away902-a S Lewis Ave New Iberia Louisiana 70560Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 367-3995
- Dci - Bayou Teche3.89 miles away2708 E. Main St New Iberia Louisiana 70560Dialysis Stations: 17 (337) 369-9552
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis13.16 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - East Lafayette16.62 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge17.21 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette17.63 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - Abbeville17.83 miles away904 N John Hardy Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 893-7577