Nemasket Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Middleboro, Massachusetts. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is an elite rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the United States. We also gave this nursing home strong grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Nemasket Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
314 Marion Road,
Middleboro MA 02346
86.47% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection grades are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf assessment, this nursing home also was given a superb short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this facility. This place outperformed the vast majority of facilities in this area with 58.1 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Does this page answer your questions about Nemasket Healthcare Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. In computing our nursing scores, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some quality-based measures in this category. This nursing home fared well in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, in terms of the percentage of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, this facility performed better than the national average. This is generally an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented with better nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility was given an extremely favorable long-term care rating. While this wasn't as good as many of its other grades, this remains one of the more impressive scores we offer. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. This place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.11 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a substantially better hospitalization rate than the majority of nursing homes.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nemasket Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 3.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 19.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 1.96% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 91.59% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 19.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 19.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 10.96 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nemasket Healthcare Center, 70.74% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - PlymouthAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away275 Sandwich Street Plymouth Massachusetts 02360Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 746-2000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.66 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Fresenius Medical Care of Wareham8.61 miles away100 Rosebrook Way Suite 100 Wareham Massachusetts 02571Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 291-1100
- Hawthorn Kidney Center12.36 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairhaven13.22 miles away216 Huttleson Avenue Fairhaven Massachusetts 02719Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 996-0364
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center13.6 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis14.56 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Fresenius Medical Care of Plymouth Cordage14.59 miles away10 Cordage Park Circle Suite 213 Plymouth Massachusetts 02360CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 732-9272
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC15.03 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton18.19 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403