Nazareth Home Clifton is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Louisville, Kentucky. With an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a first-rate facility. Despite Louisville featuring 23 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility jumped off the page as a first-rate choice. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Nazareth Home Clifton
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2120 Payne Street,
Louisville KY 40206
91.58% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspection category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its elite resume, this facility also excelled in our long-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A in that category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 94.48529 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Nazareth Home Clifton?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's third strongest category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In the last category we scored, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A- in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home finished off a straight A report card. In computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nazareth Home Clifton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 8.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 89.41% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nazareth Home Clifton, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 5.29 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 6.29 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- University of Louisville Dialysis Center, LLC1.96 miles away614 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 31 (502) 589-5997
- American Home Dialysis2.19 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis2.28 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Davita - Jeffersonville Dialysis2.37 miles away365 Quarter Master Court Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 12 (812) 288-2296
- Fmc - Louisville2.4 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon2.67 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street2.71 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis3.12 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059