Napa Post Acute is located in Napa, California. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Napa. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Napa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Napa Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Napa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we were not high on this nursing home's overall score, it earned an impressive short-term care grade this year. We awarded it a grade of B in this area, which proved to be a rare shining light in its profile. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its strong profile, this nursing home also earned an excellent nursing rating, with an B. Nursing scores are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Napa Post Acute?
This facility earned mediocre government inspections in recent years. We gave them a C in this area. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home had 5 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates that it dodged the more serious classes of deficiencies. Finally, they also received 13 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is certainly not a great sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, we gave this facility a D for the area of long-term care. This is the nursing home's weakest category score. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Napa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Napa, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 18.27 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 19.5 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Silverado Dialysis0.43 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Usrc Napa, LLC0.54 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Napa Dialysis Center0.92 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Fairfield Dialysis Center11.34 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Rai Chadbourne12.95 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo13.56 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo14.07 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Vallejo Dialysis Center14.15 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017