Mt Juliet Health Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Mount Juliet. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Mt Juliet Health Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2650 North Mt Juliet Road,
Mount Juliet TN 37122
78.67% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be more of a strength for this facility. In fact, we found that it outperformed the majority of nursing homes with 51.6 percent of its patients returning home. This is a higher rate than most nursing homes.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 3.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place also had terrible scores in some of the quality-based measures to pair with its weak nursing hour totals. For starters, we looked at the percent of residents sustaining pressure ulcers. This facility was at more than twice the national average in this datapoint. This is concerning when you consider that many pressure ulcers are preventable with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the nursing home's fate of receiving a weak nursing grade.
Does this page answer your questions about Mt Juliet Health Care Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. When a facility has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This nursing home had 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we also would like to point out that this facility received significant government fines of more than $50,000. This typically suggests that inspectors became fed up after several years of failed health inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.17391 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we expected but still a respectable percentage. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.84 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mt Juliet Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 8.77% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 89.84% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mt Juliet Health Care Center, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away355 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Proprietary(615) 338-1000
- Tennova Healthcare-LebanonAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1411 Baddour Parkway Lebanon Tennessee 37087Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 444-8262
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Sumner Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away555 Hartsville Pike Gallatin Tennessee 37066Proprietary(615) 452-4210
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Dci Summit0.36 miles away2029 N Mount Juliet Rd Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 889-3444
- Isd Renal Inc0.47 miles away1050 Herschel Dr Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 758-1970
- Hermitage Dialysis5.3 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219
- Fmc Hendersonville9.5 miles away230 New Shackle Island Road Suite 200 Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 826-5848
- Rai Lebanon9.65 miles away1701 W. Main Street Suite 101 Lebanon Tennessee 37087Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 449-5651
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East9.74 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Dci Lebanon10.72 miles away212 Babb Dr. Lebanon Tennessee 37087CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 444-7955
- Dialysis Assoc. Of East Nashville11.74 miles away1001 Riverside Drive Nashville Tennessee 37206Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 226-2085