Mount St Mary is located in Wichita, Kansas. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 409,656 people. This is an A+ facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system takes first-rate marks across the board. This is really as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This facility was also given strong ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Mount St Mary
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its long-term care score. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Mount St Mary?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are a variety of datapoints within this category. Most of the datapoints are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our short-term care grade. This wrapped up a very strong report card. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more important for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mount St Mary Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mount St Mary, 7.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mount St Mary, 5.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mount St Mary, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mount St Mary, 16.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mount St Mary, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mount St Mary, 5.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mount St Mary, 91.42% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mount St Mary, 16.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mount St Mary, 21.25% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mount St Mary, 21.25 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Wichita, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wichita, Kansas has 22 other nursing homes
- Wesley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away550 N Hillside Street Wichita Kansas 67214Proprietary(316) 962-2000
- Ascension via Christi Hospitals Wichita, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away929 North St Francis Street Wichita Kansas 67214Voluntary non-profit - Church(316) 268-5000
- Kansas Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away1124 West 21st Street Andover Kansas 67002Proprietary(316) 300-4000
- Ascension via Christi Hospital St. Teresa, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away14800 West St Teresa Wichita Kansas 67235Voluntary non-profit - Church(316) 796-7800
- East Wichita Dialysis Center1.27 miles away320 N. Hillside Wichita Kansas 67214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (316) 684-3200
- Pediatrics Dialysis Service at Wesley1.53 miles away550 N Hillside Wichita Kansas 67214Dialysis Stations: 4 (316) 962-2000
- Wichita Dialysis Center2.92 miles away909 N. Topeka Wichita Kansas 67214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (316) 263-9090
- Fmc - Wichita2.98 miles away1007 N. Emporia Wichita Kansas 67214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (316) 264-3115
- Davita Air Capital Dialysis3.42 miles away1812 S Seneca St Suite 110 Wichita Kansas 67213Dialysis Stations: 17 (316) 263-1248
- Renal Care Group- Wichita East4.75 miles away9341 E 21st N Wichita Kansas 67206CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (316) 634-6760
- Ne Wichita Dialysis Center5.41 miles away2630 N Webb Rd Bldg 100 Suite 100 Wichita Kansas 67226Dialysis Stations: 12 (316) 636-5719
- Derby Dialysis Center7.45 miles away250 W Red Powell Dr. Derby Kansas 67037CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (316) 788-2899