Mount San Antonio Gardens is a nursing home in Pomona, California. The city has a population of 154,204 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the most impressive scores that we offer. Pomona has a double digit count of other nursing homes, but we doubt you will need to visit too many others. This one is a high quality option. This place also received consistently good ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Mount San Antonio Gardens
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility excelled in our nursing score. We awarded them an A+ in this area. There are a number of datapoints included in this area. Most of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end accomplishments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Mount San Antonio Gardens?
This nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care score. This topped off a first-rate profile. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mount San Antonio Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients which have had a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mount San Antonio Gardens, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pomona, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Pomona, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.0.94 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership0.99 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.29 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center2.25 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis3.67 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.3.95 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.15 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.4.24 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230