With more than 25 nursing homes to choose from located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mount Olivet Careview Home is one of the seemingly endless list of nursing homes here. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it ahead of most of the facilities in Minneapolis, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. As you can see below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Mount Olivet Careview Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end profile, this facility also was awarded a superb short-term care score, with a score of A. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mount Olivet Careview Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its long-term care grade. This finished off a very strong profile. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.2126 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mount Olivet Careview Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 4.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 93.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mount Olivet Careview Home, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 3.89 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Davita - Richfield1.41 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis1.57 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Davita - Uptown2.38 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Edina Dialysis of Davita2.91 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis3.34 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.3.76 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita3.79 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis4.11 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959