Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility is located in Woodland Hills, California. The city has 65,351 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we looked at. A score of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its long-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an A in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, this nursing home also received an impressive short-term care rating, with a B+. This topped off a very strong report card. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Motion Picture and Television Hospital Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 12.81 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Woodland Hills1.71 miles away5601 De Soto Avenue, Area 247 Peritoneal Dialysis Woodland Hills California 91365Dialysis Stations: 3 (818) 719-3610
- Fmc-Woodland Hills Dialysis Center2.07 miles away19836 Ventura Blvd., Suite C Woodland Hills California 91364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 713-9040
- Davita-West Hills Dialysis2.73 miles away7230 Medical Center Drive, Suite 101 West Hills California 91307Dialysis Stations: 12 (818) 704-1033
- Davita Warner Center Dialysis2.82 miles away21040 Califa St Suite A Woodland Hills California 91367Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 715-9602
- Davita-South Valley Dialysis6.58 miles away17815 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100 Encino California 91316CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 757-4520
- Northridge Kidney Care Center6.76 miles away19333 Business Center Drive Northridge California 91324Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 709-9999
- Nrc-Northridge Dialysis Center7.64 miles away9325 Reseda Blvd. Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (818) 993-6700
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis8.8 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771