Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus is located in Woodland Hills, California. The city has 65,351 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we looked at. A score of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its long-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
23388 Mulholland Dr.,
Woodland Hills CA 91364
72.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Woodland Hills, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an A in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing grade weighs quite a few datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, this nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care score, with a grade of B+. This rounded out an elite profile. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Motion Picture and Television Fund - The Wasserman Campus, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 12.81 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Woodland Hills1.71 miles away5601 De Soto Avenue, Area 247 Peritoneal Dialysis Woodland Hills California 91365Dialysis Stations: 3 (818) 719-3610
- Fmc-Woodland Hills Dialysis Center2.07 miles away19836 Ventura Blvd., Suite C Woodland Hills California 91364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 713-9040
- Davita-West Hills Dialysis2.73 miles away7230 Medical Center Drive, Suite 101 West Hills California 91307Dialysis Stations: 12 (818) 704-1033
- Davita Warner Center Dialysis2.82 miles away21040 Califa St Suite A Woodland Hills California 91367Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 715-9602
- Davita-South Valley Dialysis6.58 miles away17815 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100 Encino California 91316CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 757-4520
- Northridge Kidney Care Center6.76 miles away19333 Business Center Drive Northridge California 91324Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 709-9999
- Nrc-Northridge Dialysis Center7.64 miles away9325 Reseda Blvd. Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (818) 993-6700
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis8.8 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771