Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Clearwater, Florida. We awarded this facility a phenomenal overall rating of A. As a matter of fact, it proved to be ranked among the three highest graded facilities in Clearwater. Even in a city offering 14 other nursing homes, this nursing home is appealing. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
400 Corbett St,
Clearwater FL 33756
68.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a B. Even though this proved to be its lowest category grade, this is nevertheless a quality rating. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.64706 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC0.05 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies0.26 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center0.26 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater0.73 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.95 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center5.42 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Rai Care Centers - Largo5.5 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin5.68 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112