Montgomery Place is located in Chicago, Illinois. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a total of 2,680,484 people. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. Even in a city offering 81 nursing homes, this facility really stands out. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home was given high marks in the area of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A+. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Montgomery Place?
This nursing home earned a very good government inspection report this year as well. For this reason, it received one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a C. Even though this proved to be its weakest category rating, this is still a middle of the pack score. In the area of long-term care, we focus more on the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 30.000002 percent of its residents. This is multiple points lower than the national average. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montgomery Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montgomery Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montgomery Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care patients which sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montgomery Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montgomery Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montgomery Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montgomery Place, 30.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montgomery Place, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montgomery Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Montgomery Place, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montgomery Place, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- The University of Chicago Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away5841 South Maryland Chicago Illinois 60637Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 702-1000
- Provident Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away500 E 51st St Chicago Illinois 60615Government - Local(312) 572-2000
- Jackson Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away7531 S Stony Island Ave Chicago Illinois 60649Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 947-7500
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away8012 South Crandon Avenue Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 356-5000
- Mercy Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago Illinois 60616Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 567-2000
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Davita - Kenwood Dialysis1.85 miles away4529 S. Cottage Grove Avenue, Ste 100 Chicago Illinois 60653CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (773) 285-3621
- Davita - Kenwood Pd2.09 miles away4259 Cottage Grove Ave Suite 200 Chicago Illinois 60653Dialysis Stations: 7 (773) 924-5948
- Davita - Woodlawn Dialysis2.44 miles away5060 S State St Chicago Illinois 60609CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 924-2149
- Fmc - Garfield2.5 miles away5401 South Wentworth Chicago Illinois 60609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (773) 548-5714
- Fmc - Jackson Park Dialysis Center2.55 miles away7531 South Stony Island Chicago Illinois 60649Dialysis Stations: 24 (773) 947-7510
- Davita - Grand Crossing Dialysis2.59 miles away7319 S. Cottage Grove Ave. Chicago Illinois 60619CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 783-3491
- Fmc - South Shore3.01 miles away2420 East 79th St Chicago Illinois 60649Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 374-9002
- Fmc - Ross Dialysis - Englewood3.51 miles away946 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60621CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (773) 873-2000