Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center is in Denver, Colorado, which has a host of nursing homes. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires solid scores in most areas. We found this facility to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Denver, which has a city grade of B. Keep reading to find this facility's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall performance, we gave this place an A- for the area of inspections. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. A deficiency-free inspection report is what we look for.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is long-term care. This facility received a very positive long-term care grade, with a grade of B in this category. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 85.55556 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 84.62% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestmoor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 25 other nursing homes
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)1.46 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)1.5 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.52 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.92 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)4.03 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)4.32 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)4.66 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.67 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107