Modesto Post Acute Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Modesto, California with a total of 255,354 people. We awarded this nursing home a strong overall rating of B+. After looking at the other alternatives in Modesto, this appears to be a slightly higher quality choice than most of them. Despite Modesto featuring 10 other nursing homes available, this facility managed to stand out as a fine option. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Modesto Post Acute Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a strong nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections is its best category. In this area, we gave this facility an A-. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care score. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Modesto Post Acute Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was short-term care. This facility was given an impressive short-term care score, with a B+ in this area. In our short-term care grade, we try to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was awarded an acceptable nursing rating. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, this is really not a bad grade. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. While this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Modesto Post Acute Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that sustained falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Modesto Post Acute Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 16.84 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC0.29 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training0.6 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Wellbound of Modesto1.55 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto1.55 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto2 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Parkway Kidney Center2.52 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Archway Dialysis of Modesto4.6 miles away3001 Health Care Way Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 543-1720
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres4.72 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700