Mirabella Seattle is located in Seattle, Washington. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 837,792 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. This nursing home was given one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. Even in a city offering 26 nursing homes, this one jumped off the page as a very fine choice. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Seattle senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for its short-term care grade. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This score is considered to be a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Mirabella Seattle?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home received a strong long-term care grade. We awarded it an A- in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mirabella Seattle Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mirabella Seattle, 6.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mirabella Seattle, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mirabella Seattle, 2.15% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mirabella Seattle, 17.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mirabella Seattle, 6.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mirabella Seattle, 21.35% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mirabella Seattle, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mirabella Seattle, 11.11% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mirabella Seattle, 30.6% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Mirabella Seattle, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mirabella Seattle, 30.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mirabella Seattle, 10.25% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mirabella Seattle, 86.99% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 3.94 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center0.78 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center0.99 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center1.29 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Olympic View Dialysis Center2.29 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center3.89 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis4.23 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center6.15 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center6.68 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067