Mirabella Portland is a small non-profit nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We awarded this facility an overall score of A. This is among the better facilities in Portland. This is impressive since the city features some very good nursing homes. At the end of the day, this nursing home should be a no brainer for just about anybody. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing scores are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Mirabella Portland?
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B+. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. Not many nursing homes earned a B+ or higher in every category. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 95.14563 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mirabella Portland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mirabella Portland, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mirabella Portland, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mirabella Portland, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mirabella Portland, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mirabella Portland, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mirabella Portland, 5.65% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mirabella Portland, 92.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mirabella Portland, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mirabella Portland, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Mirabella Portland, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mirabella Portland, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mirabella Portland, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mirabella Portland, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 0.83 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Northeast Portland Renal Center2.81 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis2.91 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Portland Mlk Dialysis3.05 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Oregon Kidney Center3.23 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Pnrs Home Dialysis3.35 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Foster Powell Dialysis3.8 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC4.27 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020
- Rose City Dialysis LLC5.57 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020