Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne is in the large metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, Indiana which has a total of 305,409 people. This is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. In our view, this place looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. Fortunately, this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades is available below.
Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B+. Our nursing score consists of a handful of components, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. In our short-term care category, we attempt to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B-. While this turned out to be its weakest category score, this is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for people requiring more conventional assistance associated with personal care. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 90 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 12.89% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Miller's Merry Mano - Fort Wayne, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dekalb HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.77 miles away1316 E Seventh St Auburn Indiana 46706Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 925-4600
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis1.61 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis4.29 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Davita - Fort Wayne South5.27 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis5.75 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis6.59 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Davita - Fort Wayne West7.21 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC7.52 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Appleseed8.14 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036