Complete Care at Mercerville is in Trenton, New Jersey, a city with a population of 230,121 people. This facility was given a quality overall grade of B+, making it one of the five highest graded nursing homes in Trenton. You could definitely do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Complete Care at Mercerville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also received a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is considered to be a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Mercerville ?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the amount of services offered by a facility, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.47328 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last area we graded was nursing. In this category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. This proved to be this facility's weakest category. The nursing grade weighs many subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Mercerville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some experts believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Mercerville , 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 10 other nursing homes
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.14 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Fmc Hamilton Square1.12 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton2.01 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC2.7 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton2.83 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- H. Fuld Capital Health3.05 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville3.27 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Trenton3.33 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Fmc Ewing5.41 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600