Menorah Park Center for Senior is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Beachwood, Ohio. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. We can't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. This facility also received strong grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Menorah Park Center for Senior
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
27100 Cedar Rd,
Beachwood OH 44122
85.8% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall score, this facility received an A+ in our short-term care rating. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a fair assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more than seven hours of care per week from registered nurses to each resident. This is really the gold standard in this area, as it's about 50% higher than the average facility's level of registered nurse staffing. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This place performed as well as just about any facility in Ohio in this metric with 79.6 percent of its patients returning home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Menorah Park Center for Senior?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a score of B+. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of very favorable nursing hour statistics, this nursing home's vaccination data is superb as well. Indeed, this facility vaccinated 99.267784 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this nursing home had 3.71 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. While this admittedly wasn't as strong as some of its other scores in this category, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities based on some of the preexisting medical conditions of residents.
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable nursing score. Even though this isn't as dominant as a few of its other grades, this is still one of the stronger scores we offer. Nursing ratings are tied to nurse staffing levels. This facility provided 4.1 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This was one of the more impressive figures we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. On top of looking at levels of nursing care, we also looked at a few quality measures in determining our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these statistics as good measures of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Menorah Park Center for Senior Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 19.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 90.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Menorah Park Center for Senior, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Beachwood, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Beachwood, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 6.24 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Community Dialysis Center0.15 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.2.74 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe3.22 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.1 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.5.19 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center5.36 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall5.41 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis5.65 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867