Menomonee Falls Health Services is in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. The city has a total of 35,651 people. With a really poor overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. This facility is about as bad as it gets. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in our long-term care category. You can find additional information on this category below.
Menomonee Falls Health Services
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this place's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Menomonee Falls Health Services?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With its score in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care, where this facility received a poor score here as well. It received a lowly F in this area, which is obviously a major concern. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 88.07947 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a few points less than what we expected. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Menomonee Falls Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 6.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 92.96% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Menomonee Falls Health Services, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 10.11 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 10.66 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Waukesha County Mental Health CtrPsychiatric 11.25 miles away1501 Airport Rd Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Government - Local(262) 548-7950
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Waukesha Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away725 American Ave Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 928-1000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Total Renal Care Inc1.64 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Total Renal Care Inc3.44 miles awayw175 n11056 Stonewood Dr Germantown Wisconsin 53022Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 251-4047
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, l.l.c.5.52 miles away17500 W Capitol Dr Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 373-1244
- Davita - Capitol Drive5.68 miles away19395 W Capitol Dr, Suite 100 Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 781-0273
- Davita - West Appleton5.82 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Chicot Dialysis LLC6.52 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope6.53 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave8.06 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820