Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre is located in Medina, Ohio. This city has a population of 62,039 people. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Medina. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave it an impressive grade of A- in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care scores are likely more critical for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home was awarded a respectable long-term care grade of B-. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the average nursing home. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medina Meadows Rehab and Nursing Centre, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Medina, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Medina, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.59 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.8 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.82 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Davita Medina Square Dialysis0.49 miles away740 North Court Street Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 8 (330) 721-7824
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center2.24 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Davita - Kidney Center of Brunswick6.85 miles away3812 Center Road, Suite 101 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 220-4502
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC7.19 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744
- Fmc - Brunswick Dialysis Center8.2 miles away2583-2585 Center Road Hinckley Ohio 44233Dialysis Stations: 19 (330) 220-4366
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville10.17 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis11.93 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Fmc - Akron West12.3 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200