Located in Medford, New Jersey, Medford Leas is one of a mere two available nursing homes in the area. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Medford, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Medford, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its superb long-term care grade. It received one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Clearly we were content with what we found for this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Medford Leas?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. There are quite a few subcategories within this area. Many of these factors reflect staffing levels. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for short-term care. In our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medford Leas Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medford Leas, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medford Leas, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 5.85 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.76 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita Marlton Dialysis Center3.59 miles away769 Route 70 East Building C Suite 100 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 797-7044
- Davita Main Street Dialysis4.45 miles away668 Main Street Lumberton New Jersey 08048Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 265-7865
- Davita Lumberton Dialysis5 miles away1261 W. Route #38 Hainesport New Jersey 08036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 914-4420
- Usrc Marlton5.76 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Marlton5.9 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis7.4 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc8.5 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Fmc Silver Dialysis9.56 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463