Meadowbrook Health Care Center is a small nursing home located in Hemet, California. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Hemet. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Meadowbrook Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
461 E. Johnston Avenue,
Hemet CA 92543
89.21% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Meadowbrook Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
This place didn't receive any favorable scores. Its most alarming score may be its inspection rating, where it received an F. For facilities with bad inspection ratings, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
Included in this nursing home's several abysmal grades was its F in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care scores are probably more important for residents requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Given its score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowbrook Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home's was given a poor long-term care grade where it received an F. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid percentage. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
The next category we rated was nursing. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in that area. Our nursing grade is based on a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowbrook Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadowbrook Health Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 17.16 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.07 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet2.32 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.8 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis12.26 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis12.63 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.6 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.65 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta15.02 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.84 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196