Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center is one of four available nursing homes located in Alliance, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall rating of F. This facility doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Alliance senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively favorable inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this facility's several poor grades was its F in the category of long-term care. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 73.25581 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care grade is generally used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility did not fare well here either. With a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. When computing our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 88.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Alliance, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Alliance, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.3 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.01 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Davita - Alliance Community Dialysis2.05 miles away270 E State Street, Suite 110 Alliance Ohio 44601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 821-1657
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis15.26 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc - Salem South16.05 miles away2345 East Pershing Street Salem Ohio 44460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 332-2958
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis16.19 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis16.24 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis16.35 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC17.54 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035
- Fmc - Akron Canton Kidney Center17.69 miles away1565 Corporate Woods Pkwy Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 896-6311