Mary's Woods is a very-small non-profit facility in Lake Oswego, Oregon. With an A overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Mary's Woods has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Lake Oswego senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Clearly we were satisfied with what we found for this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Mary's Woods?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this category. In determining these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Switching gears to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for that area. This finalized a very impressive profile. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mary's Woods Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mary's Woods, 11.31% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mary's Woods, 69.66% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Lake Road Dialysis3.2 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Willamette Valley Renal Center4.38 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.66 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center4.68 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Fmc Hilltop Dialysis5.34 miles away328 Warner Milne Rd Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 650-2357
- Pnrs Tualatin5.39 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Foster Powell Dialysis6.64 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC7.15 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909