Marycrest Manor is one of six available nursing homes in Livonia, Michigan. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of A, which is a very impressive grade. In fact, it is one of the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. You simply can not do any better than this place. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
15475 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia MI 48154
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our highest grades in this category with an A. Inspection scores are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Few facilities fared better in this area. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. This was more of a strength for this nursing home. This place fared as well as just about any nursing home in Michigan in this area with 70.8 percent of its patients returning home. With most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term patients are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marycrest Manor?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. We assessed the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with residents, in computing our score in this category. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these metrics as good indicators of the caliber of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this facility also received a very strong long-term care grade, with a B+. This finished off a very strong report card. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 48.235294 percent of its patients, which is somewhat below what we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marycrest Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marycrest Manor, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marycrest Manor, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marycrest Manor, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 13.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 18.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marycrest Manor, 3.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marycrest Manor, 91.71% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marycrest Manor, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marycrest Manor, 19.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marycrest Manor, 19.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marycrest Manor, 10.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marycrest Manor, 76.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Livonia, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Livonia, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.91 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.12 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.5 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.57 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford3.73 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc - Garden City4.35 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita5.05 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Garden West5.39 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418