Marycrest Manor is a facility located in Livonia, Michigan. This city has a total of 96,942 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Michigan. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. As you can see below, this facility also performed well in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
15475 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia MI 48154
Note: Data for Marycrest Manor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Livonia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, it received a grade of A for the category. Short-term care ratings are critical for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Marycrest Manor?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. There are several criteria included in this grade. Most of these factors are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. We gave it a B+ in this category. This completed a very strong profile. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 48.235294 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marycrest Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marycrest Manor, 7.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marycrest Manor, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marycrest Manor, 4.05% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 5.88% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 19.23% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marycrest Manor, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marycrest Manor, 48.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marycrest Manor, 14.08% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marycrest Manor, 31.06% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marycrest Manor, 31.06% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marycrest Manor, 11.92% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marycrest Manor, 55.9% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.91 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.12 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.5 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.57 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford3.73 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc - Garden City4.35 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita5.05 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Garden West5.39 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418