Marycrest Manor is a facility located in Livonia, Michigan. This city has a total of 96,942 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. We ranked this facility in the 100 best facilities in Michigan, which is a distinguished list. As you will see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
15475 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia MI 48154
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for this category. Inspection scores are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a fine short-term care score. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's second best category grade. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marycrest Manor?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing rating is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was given a favorable nursing score this year, with a B. While this isn't quite as dominant as some of its other category grades, this is nevertheless one of the stronger grades in that area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 48.235294 percent of its patients, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marycrest Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marycrest Manor, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marycrest Manor, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marycrest Manor, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marycrest Manor, 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marycrest Manor, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marycrest Manor, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marycrest Manor, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marycrest Manor, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marycrest Manor, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marycrest Manor, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Livonia, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Livonia, Michigan has 6 other nursing homes
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.91 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.12 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.5 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.57 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford3.73 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc - Garden City4.35 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita5.05 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Davita - Garden West5.39 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418