ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center is a facility located in West Bloomfield, Michigan, which has a population of 66,323 people. This isn't a high quality facility with a D overall grade. Unfortunately, this grade is right in line with the city grade in West Bloomfield. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in West Bloomfield. The city has just three other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
6800 West Maple,
West Bloomfield MI 48322
64.45% estimated occupancy 1
Note: ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it did receive a respectable nursing score of B-. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of short-term care. This wound up being its second best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B-. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center?
This nursing home earned mediocre government inspections in recent years. We gave them a C in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This facility had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates it dodged the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, which is this nursing home's worst category. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility gave the vaccine to 99.32204 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 3.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 91.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Marvin & Betty Danto Family Health Care Center, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for West Bloomfield, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? West Bloomfield, Michigan has 3 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.01 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis3.47 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis3.55 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.46 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC5.87 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita6.92 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis7.15 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Fmc - Botsford Park7.2 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc7.36 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544