Marquette is an average-sized non-profit facility in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is a very good nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. This ended up being one of the 10 best facilities in Indianapolis. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. In determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquette?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is nursing, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. This really was one of just a few dings of a strong report card. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.72727 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquette Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquette, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquette, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquette, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquette, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquette, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquette, 14.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquette, 91.03% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquette, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquette, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Marquette, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquette, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquette, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquette, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 10.36 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North1.29 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC1.49 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis2.65 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center3.93 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Carmel5.16 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living5.61 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC5.72 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis5.81 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916