Marbridge Villa is the lone option we identified in Manchaca, Texas. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. At the end of the day, this place is a solid choice for quite a few people. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2504 Bliss Spillar Road,
Manchaca TX 78652
92.93% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received high scores in the category of long-term care as well. Indeed, we gave it one of our best grades in that category with a score of A. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 92.74448 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.67 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Marbridge Villa?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this facility was given a respectable short-term care grade. While this is not as impressive as several of its other category grades, this is really nothing to be ashamed of. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that it fared better than most facilities in this area with 52.5 percent of its residents returning home. For most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marbridge Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marbridge Villa, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marbridge Villa, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marbridge Villa, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marbridge Villa, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marbridge Villa, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marbridge Villa, 4.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marbridge Villa, 95.06% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marbridge Villa, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marbridge Villa, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Marbridge Villa, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marbridge Villa, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
- Seton Southwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away7900 Fm 1826 Austin Texas 78737Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-9000
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- Seton Medical Center HaysAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away6001 Kyle Pkwy Kyle Texas 78640Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-5000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 13.4 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Satellite Healthcare of South Austin4.37 miles away10001 South Ih 35 Bldg 1 Ste 100 Austin Texas 78747CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (512) 282-8500
- South Austin Dialysis LLC6.63 miles away6114 South 1st Street Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 447-8500
- Satellite Dialysis Southwood7.54 miles away1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Suite #180 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (512) 383-0300
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South7.86 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.8.7 miles away5895 Kyle Parkway Kyle Texas 78640Dialysis Stations: 17 (512) 268-2428
- Hill Country Dialysis9.02 miles away1250 Dacy Lane Kyle Texas 78640Dialysis Stations: 14 (512) 268-2523
- El Milagro Dialysis Center9.2 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Satellite Healthcare Kyle10.25 miles away134 Elmhurst Drive Kyle Texas 78640Dialysis Stations: 22 (512) 268-3100