Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut is one of six facilities located in Overland Park, Kansas. Sporting a somewhat respectable overall grade of B-. After assessing the other choices in Overland Park, this appears to be a better option than quite a few of them. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
7600 Antioch Road,
Overland Park KS 66204
78.91% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to note that this nursing home was given strong long-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second best score. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 90.38462 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Switching gears to our fourth area, this nursing home received a grade of C in nursing, which is generally a decent grade. When determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 6.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 18.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 5.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 91.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 16.97% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 17% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Hills Healthcare, , Dba Shawnee Post Acut, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Overland Park, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Overland Park, Kansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Concerto Kansas, LLC1.04 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Johnson County Dialysis1.56 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Lenexa Dialysis2.23 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Fkc - Lenexa3.97 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis4.78 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood5.35 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood5.55 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis5.94 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650