With an address in Oak Lawn, Illinois, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West) is one of four available facilities in this city. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. In a city without an elite selection of nursing homes, we found that this nursing home proved to be better than the average nursing home in the city. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home excelled at short-term care, with an A in this category. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an B+. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West)?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive area. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is certainly very concerning. Facilities that don't score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 89.59108 percent of its residents. This is multiple points less than average. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn West), 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Oak Lawn, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oak Lawn, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis0.07 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis1.27 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Motte Dialysis1.66 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Dcc - Oak Lawn2 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis2.06 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Davita Ford City Dialysis2.57 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis2.9 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Fmc - Burbank3 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584