ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East) is a nursing home located in Oak Lawn, Illinois. The city has 56,855 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is favorable grade. If you take a look at the other options in Oak Lawn, we suspect you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. The best part of this facility's profile was is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. With our short-term care rating, we strive to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
In addition, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East)?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category is long-term care, which is the final area we assessed. We gave it a lowly F in this category. In spite of some excellent grades in other areas, this score is still a bit of a concern so we wanted to point it out. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 84.210526 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have had a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 29.8% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oak Lawn East), 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Oak Lawn, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oak Lawn, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Jackson Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away7531 S Stony Island Ave Chicago Illinois 60649Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 947-7500
- The University of Chicago Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away5841 South Maryland Chicago Illinois 60637Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 702-1000
- Dcc - Oak Lawn0.59 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Motte Dialysis0.78 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Midwest Kidney Center1.06 miles away8632 S Pulaski Rd Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 1 (773) 284-2572
- Davita Ford City Dialysis1.58 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Fresenius Kidney Care Chicagoland LLC1.64 miles away8901 S. Kedzie Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Dialysis Stations: 30 (708) 422-7764
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis1.91 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.36 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Fmc - Burbank2.37 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584