With an address in Voorhees, New Jersey, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West) is one of seven nursing homes there. This is a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the category of government inspections. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home was awarded favorable short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher grades in this category, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest score. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West)?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing rating is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category, making this the facility's worst category grade. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 95.89552 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 5.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Voorhees West), 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Voorhees, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Voorhees, New Jersey has 6 other nursing homes
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 4.15 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.65 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Usrc Voorhees LLC0.34 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010
- Fkc Voorhees0.47 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees0.57 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Fkc Liberty Berlin Dc3.97 miles away30 Tansboro Road Berlin New Jersey 08009CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 809-0036
- Fkc Marlton4.09 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Fmc Silver Dialysis4.25 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Usrc Marlton4.57 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede4.85 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101